The big black tarp worked… sort of.
I am happy to report – There’s a lot of things that have gone well around here lately!
- The truck has working four wheel drive! (I tested it in the snow even!)
- The compost pulley is in working condition and has only strewn pineapple bits over the driveway once in it’s fully functional form.
- I made an amazing seed spreadsheet to keep track of my apparently 140 varieties of seeds I am hoarding
- E and I moved some cabinets from the laundry room to the kitchen (reuse!) and they are still attached to the wall right where we hung them!
- The furnace in the greenhouse is still functional and we had 250 gallons of oil delivered so it should be working for a while. (though I will mention the thing that did not go well – we put the snow plow thing on the front of the glorified lawn mower and it did not go well at all; because it is a lawn mower and that is all it does – mow the lawn. So E and I spent a good three days chipping ice out of the driveway so the oil truck could get down to the greenhouse. Note to self: shovel snow right away!)
- We got a 78 record and played it successfully on the Victrola! (we also played a 33 and got to hear Dancing Queen sung by the Chipmunks!)
- The new bedroom is almost done. E has done an awesome job on the walls
- I fixed a hole near the inflator in the greenhouse and hooked up a new vent to use air from outside to inflate between the two layers of poly. (outside air is preferable since it reduces condensation between the layers)
That’s all I can remember right now – but hopefully there will be many more this spring!